From Kate L Pugh's cookery site, http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/
|250 g/ 9oz
||self-raising flour (or use all-purpose flour and add 2 t baking powder and 1/2 t of salt)
||nutritional yeast flakes
|a pinch of
||celery salt (or ordinary salt)
|40 g/ 1 1/2 oz
||margarine (3 T)
|about 125ml / 4 1/2 fl oz
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Rub the margarine in with your fingertips till the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add most of the milk and mix, adding more milk if needed, till you get a soft, non-sticky dough.
- Roll the dough out to 2cm (3/4") thick. Cut, either with a round biscuit cutter or into squares or farls.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, till risen and golden.