These cookies are tough at first, but soften up after a week or so. They keep for months.
||candied orange peel, finely chopped
||some dark syrup and water
- Heat syrup and water and then let it cool down until lukewarm.
- Dissolve potash in rum, beat the candy rock into small pieces and give both to all other ingredients and knead a dough out of it.
- Let it rest for 5 days and then roll it out to a thickness of 0.5 cm and cut out rectangles of 4 x 8 cm.
- Grease the baking sheet and place the Printen with some distance to each other on the sheet.
- Preheat oven to a temperature of 350° F and bake the Printen for about 15 minutes.
- Glaze the cookies with a mixture of syrup and water and store in tins.